• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this was interesting.... where my wife attended college (Montana State University in Bozeman, MT) as of Feb. 7 they have had 97.8 inches of snow, which is on pace to tie their record set in 1996-97 of 158.5 inches. Now that is a lot of snow!

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201802071947-KTFX-NOUS45-PNSTFX
Like it!

Current conditions where my wife and I attended college ...

clarke.jpg

domecam.jpg

Lake effect anyone ... :eek:

Edit to add:

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 2.28.47 PM.png

Guess I could stayed and never complained about weather ... or not ... :cool:

The neighborhood bars will be packed tonight ... :oops:

Last edited:
Someone said the Market was a roller-coaster. I am calling it a yo-yo. More ups and downs than my old football team during spring-training practices.

Like it!

Current conditions where my wife and I attended college ...

View attachment 3923

View attachment 3924

Lake effect anyone ... :eek:

Edit to add:

View attachment 3925

Guess I could stayed and never complained about weather ... or not ... :cool:

The neighborhood bars will be packed tonight ... :oops:

Three days in a row with snow... no complaints from me! Of course I had the exact opposite experience at UCF in Orlando. I just checked the weather there and it is 83 now and is going to be in the mid 80s tomorrow and Sunday in Orlando. Way too warm for February for me.

So, let's see ... This is early February but feeling more like late April/early May ...
Dinner - on the grill ... BBQ chicken, with cole slaw, onion rings, french fries, beer and swat the damn gnats ...
Lord something is wrong ...

Thankfully not having any bug issues yet (outside of something I did to help with school, more on that later), but given the highs that look possible that are coming, and the rain, it's coming for sure. That's why I'm not a fan of this pattern at all...its for the birds. Since this winter has been colder I haven't seen bugs much at all but I have on 2 occasions heard one and saw one fly by, I think.

It may seem like I don't like a lot of things, but that's not true at all.

So I helped clean up a counter for a school function in my major field and you just wouldn't believe the amount of ladybugs I got up while I was doing it. While I'm not sure it was 100, it sure felt like it. Most were dead, but some were twitching a little. It was so odd.

FWIW: Front-loaded winters in recent history have had a tendency to be followed by very mild winters the next season.

FWIW: Front-loaded winters in recent history have had a tendency to be followed by very mild winters the next season.

Nino’s after multi year nina can be snowy though. 2015, 2010, 2004, 2003, 1988, 1987

That’s if we get a nino.

Like I've said before, if we can get into a weak El Niño pattern I'll take my chances but a moderate or strong one would suck again. It only takes one storm and lately, winters have been ending early anyway outside of 2015. Not almost right at the start of February but soon afterward.

Here’s to history.
5837c29fb2edbb62a8f1ac5c4ed980b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of those instances that I've about got my mind made up that regardless of how good all the indicies are, the SST's, the Pacific, MJO, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, the squirrels and groundhogs.... even if everything possible lines up just right for a cold and stormy pattern, it's just gonna do what God wants it to do.

Look it was a great winter for many. 2 to 3 legit events. At some point it was going to end. If we could just get the rain to stop we could actually enjoy these temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01C0EB87-76A5-4F82-B2FA-F7181B988122.jpeg We can’t even get flooding right! Flash flood watch, for drizzle? This is a DT map. He can’t drift into the SE for snow maps, but rain maps, he scribbled all over the SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back