• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My yard and my recently planted trees are loving all of this rain, but I'm hoping the end of February provides some snow to move this winter out of the C- range.

I was walking home from school and saw that one of the trees nearby bloomed.
5e768c392ac775f0a782653924b83586.jpg

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I was walking home from school and saw that one of the trees nearby bloomed.
5e768c392ac775f0a782653924b83586.jpg

That is so beautiful. The trees blooming, the beautiful blue skies. Be thankful you are there in beautiful North Carolina and not stuck in cloudy, cold, and depressing Indiana :(

That is so beautiful. The trees blooming, the beautiful blue skies. Be thankful you are there in beautiful North Carolina and not stuck in cloudy, cold, and depressing Indiana :(
Don't let it fool you lol, it was a brisk windy day.

When are you coming back down here?

Don't let it fool you lol, it was a brisk windy day.

When are you coming back down here?

Not sure exactly when yet but it will be later this year. I definitely do not plan on spending another winter here.

Maybe I'm boring but my ideal place to live would be San Diego where the temps are pleasant year round and you're right near the ocean. No extreme heat, no extreme cold. And you can always drive to the mountains in Cali and see snow. No tornadoes either :)

Indiana is that bad?

I just feel out of place. I don't really know anyone and the cold, cloudy days don't help matters. It's a bit of a culture shock. Of course I've always lived in a small town so that part of it isn't a culture shock, but the people here just are different. The midwest doesn't seem like a fit to me.

I just feel out of place. I don't really know anyone and the cold, cloudy days don't help matters. It's a bit of a culture shock. Of course I've always lived in a small town so that part of it isn't a culture shock, but the people here just are different. The midwest doesn't seem like a fit to me.
Idk much about Indiana specifically but I've always heard that Northerners weren't as friendly than people down here.

Be happy if you have seen accumulating snow this year, not everyone has. That being said, Winter is over as far as another winter storm hitting the Southeast. Maybe some areas in TN to VA get something in the coming weeks but other than that, go ahead and put a nail in it. I'm sure people on here will disagree til the cows come home with this but it's over. If I am wrong, feel free to put this comment on blast. Yall go ahead and take your couple inches and i'll take my mcflurries and let's go ahead and ride into Spring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 12
Idk much about Indiana specifically but I've always heard that Northerners weren't as friendly than people down here.

It probably has to do with the weather lol. If you lived in a place where it was cold and snowy for months on end you probably wouldn't be friendly either. Or maybe you love that kind of weather ;)

I haven't come across any unfriendly people yet. The people just seem to be more boring than they are in the south.

yeah it probably doesn't help its the middle of the winter... most people up north hate winter.

The summers on the other hand sound incredible vs. what we deal with

I had a taxi driver in Chicago last month originally from Louisiana... said he loves the weather the rest of the year lol

Maybe I'm boring but my ideal place to live would be San Diego where the temps are pleasant year round and you're right near the ocean. No extreme heat, no extreme cold. And you can always drive to the mountains in Cali and see snow. No tornadoes either :)
That would be awesome, until that 9.0 earthquake hits next !

Beautiful place indeed. I was born and raised in SD and lived there for 27 years. But if you feel out of place in Indiana I promise you it will be a thousand times worse in so cal. People aren’t friendly, everyone is in a rush and the cost of living is a joke. I think that’s why someone like me would have an easier time moving north since I’ve lived many years in a big city. I’ve now lived in north Tennessee for almost 12 years though and I’d never move back to California. Don’t get me wrong as growing up there was an absolute blast with endless things to do. Everything is within a 3 hours drive weather it be the snow, desert, rivers or oceans and Disney land or magic mountain. But as I’ve gotten older and been away from all that and have gotten to meet so many good and nice people out here I now know I could never go back. The south has become my home and that will most likely never change unless I happen to move further north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back