• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that a city with the same latitude as southern Canada hasnt seen a 6" snow in 31 years.
And here is an interesting tidbit from the Paris Climate office....

Although its latitude (48°52'0"N) is roughly the same as Vancouver or the Island of Newfoundland in Canada, the City of Paris benefits from a temperate climate as a result of its location in Western Europe and the warming effects of the Gulf Stream.

And here is an interesting tidbit from the Paris Climate office....

Although its latitude (48°52'0"N) is roughly the same as Vancouver or the Island of Newfoundland in Canada, the City of Paris benefits from a temperate climate as a result of its location in Western Europe and the warming effects of the Gulf Stream.
It still surprises me given that their avg temps are colder than most of the southeast and im pretty sure they avg several inches of snow per year. You would think at least once over the last 30 years they would have had a big snowfall. Their avg high in winter is only in the low to mid 40s so they must get a ton of cold rain.

It still surprises me given that their avg temps are colder than most of the southeast and im pretty sure they avg several inches of snow per year. You would think at least once over the last 30 years they would have had a big snowfall. Their avg high in winter is only in the low to mid 40s so they must get a ton of cold rain.

Seems like most years they're lucky to get more than a dusting

So about like the south lmao. Their average low is above freezing too

Probably a lot of cold rain indeed

180BBF09-3E48-4CD0-9D32-146DFFDBC566.jpeg
Seems like most years they're lucky to get more than a dusting

So about like the south lmao. Their average low is above freezing too

Probably a lot of cold rain indeed
The average low is probably part of it. In flagstaff Arizona they average somewhere near 100 inches of snow with quite mild highs for such a snowy place. The average highs in winter are about the same as my town. The average high is 44 in December and 43 in Jan. At night time though the average low is in the teens and can easily get in the single digits. In fact March is thier snowiest month averaging around 24 inches of snow with an average high of 50 and an average low of 22 degrees. Obviously elevation is a huge factor in all of this but it’s still pretty fascinating. It’s actually a good place if you love snow but don’t want it sticking around all winter long. I stayed there when they got 2 feet of snow one time and it was awesome. I stopped there again 5 days later on my way back to Tennessee and there was nothing but patches of snow left. Pretty much every day they get extreme melting followed by extreme freezing.In the winter You basically get lake effect type snow storms but with a temperature climate of Nashville.

I had some good thunder and lightning last night while temp was at 35 degrees. It took me by surprise as you don’t hear thunder when temps are that cold normally. I’ve heard a crack or two in cold temps before and I’ve even heard thunder snow 2-3 times in the past. But last night it was going on for 30 minuets and it was really loud house shaking type thunder.

I had some good thunder and lightning last night while temp was at 35 degrees. It took me by surprise as you don’t hear thunder when temps are that cold normally. I’ve heard a crack or two in cold temps before and I’ve even heard thunder snow 2-3 times in the past. But last night it was going on for 30 minuets and it was really loud house shaking type thunder.

yeah we had vivid lightning around 32-33 last night too. It was weird

27654423_10156281253256522_4656571890310296750_n.jpg

Double sonic booms

This is a friendly message to my cohorts and compadres ...
I got the flu (shot notwithstanding); threw the fever after 5 days and went back to work the next; apparently came in contact with someone with a different strain, and went back down for round 2. My doc had said to stay home for a week during the 1st bout for that very reason/possibility/probability, but stubborn me ... No.
There's a few strains flying around, so if you get one, stay home for a couple of days after symptoms pass to get resistance back up, or run the real risk of another round and doing nothing but sleeping and watching weather from inside ... :confused:
Just trying to share some good advice, based on the past week and a half ... :cool:

View attachment 3873
The average low is probably part of it. In flagstaff Arizona they average somewhere near 100 inches of snow with quite mild highs for such a snowy place. The average highs in winter are about the same as my town. The average high is 44 in December and 43 in Jan. At night time though the average low is in the teens and can easily get in the single digits. In fact March is thier snowiest month averaging around 24 inches of snow with an average high of 50 and an average low of 22 degrees. Obviously elevation is a huge factor in all of this but it’s still pretty fascinating. It’s actually a good place if you love snow but don’t want it sticking around all winter long. I stayed there when they got 2 feet of snow one time and it was awesome. I stopped there again 5 days later on my way back to Tennessee and there was nothing but patches of snow left. Pretty much every day they get extreme melting followed by extreme freezing.In the winter You basically get lake effect type snow storms but with a temperature climate of Nashville.

I need to make a move to Flagstaff, AZ asap. lmao

This is a friendly message to my cohorts and compadres ...
I got the flu (shot notwithstanding); threw the fever after 5 days and went back to work the next; apparently came in contact with someone with a different strain, and went back down for round 2. My doc had said to stay home for a week during the 1st bout for that very reason/possibility/probability, but stubborn me ... No.
There's a few strains flying around, so if you get one, stay home for a couple of days after symptoms pass to get resistance back up, or run the real risk of another round and doing nothing but sleeping and watching weather from inside ... :confused:
Just trying to share some good advice, based on the past week and a half ... :cool:

I never had the flu shot until this season, got it this time for school purposes (healthcare field) and wouldn't you know...got sick twice when I rarely do. I still feel like I picked up something but it was latent outside of a warning shot morning that was a false alarm and gave it to my mom and it truly manifested for me the second time I got it. And since early October my mom can't stay healthy.

I'm not sure it was the flu but regardless, never even took one day off, I likely should've as it took me almost two weeks to completely kick it. I remember taking a test that Monday afternoon and after a while, my head hurt so bad I just started guessing on said test. It was I had been punched in the head.

I felt better that Tuesday though but since I didn't get any rest and was dealing with stress that week (4 tests!) I think that delayed my recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back