• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see some industrious person work on a 'SESIS' scale of snowstorms that have impacted the SE United States, like the more famous NESIS. Some of those storms would overlap, but there are a ton of southern sliders that ripped through the Southeast and barely impacted the NE.

I got attacked for saying things were about to crap the bed a month or so ago.

I'm sorry guys. I want snow more than anyone else. It happened in all directions away for KCAE this Winter. Outside parts of ATL, they saw almost a foot fall. The coast, areas saw 4-6 inches in spots. CAE proper, some flurries.

I would love a weak el nino. Webber says there is not enough data to confirm that idea, but I living in KCAE my whole life, begs to differ. Give me an active Southern jet and gives me some transient/short lived cold shots and cold air damming; And I am set!

Right now we have a persistent SER thru the run though it gets beat back at the end which is meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe from now on, we should realize that no matter what teleconnections try to be a carrot to us and in La Nina's that aren't bad cold wise, that La Nina is going to put a foot down and winter will end in February no matter what, either early or in mid February. Way it's been going we may not even see what Larry was suggesting, it looks like a backpedal to 2017 right now.

Heck, in most recent winters regardless. 13/14 would have been remarkable no matter where I was, but the door pretty much closed down on winter outside the upper south after the historic winter storm of 2/12/14 (historic due to the ice).

I got attacked for saying things were about to crap the bed a month or so ago.

I'm sorry guys. I want snow more than anyone else. It happened in all directions away for KCAE this Winter. Outside parts of ATL, they saw almost a foot fall. The coast, areas saw 4-6 inches in spots. CAE proper, some flurries.

I would love a weak el nino. Webber says there is not enough data to confirm that idea, but I living in KCAE my whole life, begs to differ. Give me an active Southern jet and gives me some transient/short lived cold shots and cold air damming; And I am set!
We have took the shaft hard here in CAE this year that's for sure.

C9BUVHyS7WYFHe9J3

Well that's a fun way to start the morning. Saw the rain switch directions about 50 times.
IZ9ycQBcVqMlSnZ5k7d9Kt7X7TmTZZuoAOSJPqJMxyDf6_RRxtQkNKxeC7TSy50jccI5UJDIC_PnDskaK70QPStWLPck-H0Fayjf5PyJemDXmD2rgqu58rbQDEXLX3PEf9HOkBogUSJfkcevWWo9SwTEuPMKiKoVnvXcjuAK6iNLu0dZY6Z4HanjEGh0ncpdNg7shh9XbutrzY6RJg70n1nX3dE-nQViQgj-mA7PflqL96qf2Xi38SAYY3Np887JLhbe2fDu-PNDQbtXoEgeceuHySLYf6LqV_i6FN8SW19_xbNGBY9edPN6gOzUZoAM3o7Vgyvu8TFuxDMbg8ui39dgO1MUCUD7m7PHpJUa6SpEHL8knGvC0cK4IKM5jTgDf8_heiegJ1FUUekt6jrVNpQCNTp6rMdRXoBOI4sTTQUzjSNn5_IcwIk6Qe4AOnJK0gocwRKnFdv1CMPVSTeDtqxB5lGPLwsujQWX72viQRuty6cUgy9fFNJNXuT8uhO9DxX5F-LGMg6sr5wBh4w8b_LosnErMAwiyCYE3l-DQJTxlR6QbUeYr0sCxJ_m_j2tsWZHNExbOcPvXkkk7VdEdsHoD2T2HdP7djBwToIQBZCy3pfQlxfc_KF05ckbbkQStozs9TZl91b0i76-G0KguTgBxRejhyQV=w593-h1053-no

I didnt measure but looks like an inch or maybe a little more. The difference between here and the south is the roads are so cold before the snow starts that theres not an issue with ice really.

Atleast Paris France got 6" of snow! Their biggest since 1987! Everybody is winning with snow!! :(

#losing In South Carolina, we don't rush Summer time. I'll pass on a head start of the 95 degree days with dew points in the low to mid 70s.

You hope its that cool. Remember a couple years ago the average high in July was 99?

You hope its that cool. Remember a couple years ago the average high in July was 99?
Yeh that's usually your average day in July and August around here in Columbia. Last Summer wasn't to bad, CAE actually didn't have any 100 degree days even though my weather station said we had 1 on August 20th. The Summer before that was absolutely brutal, hottest Summer on record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back