• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 2/3-2/4 Mixed Bag NC, SC, NE GA

image.png 12k NAM /latest run! Hug the NAM! Yes i know, there's not snow! Boom! Coutesy AmWX!

View attachment 3758 12k NAM /latest run! Hug the NAM! Yes i know, there's not snow! Boom! Coutesy AmWX!
You know that's the 12KM NAM and we are in a very short range, so use the 3 KM. It's better. Here is where the run expects sleet and ZR. Mind I said sleet too. Second image shows why.
download (7).png download (7).png download (7).png
nam3km_asnow_seus_34.png

Here's the best candidates for ice accrual. Take a look at where this map has below freezing temps.
sfct.us_ma.png

Yeah, latest run only gives me .85 of accumulated ice!!! Glad it's on an island!
No one wants that! I need my trees! Verbatim it's prob not right. But it just confirms the colder stouter wedge trend shown on the NAM

Read the GSP discussion, mentioned it could get windy at some point tomorrow! RGEM has my back yard in the 2-3 category

HRRR may be looking colder each run, and also seems to keep temps 33-36 and rain here. Seems very close, and if we keep the winds out of the NE like it shows, there are going to be issues, especially if the low goes south and pulls even more cold air down.

With temps forecast to be above freezing pretty much everywhere by noon tomorrow I would think this will be a low impact event ?

With temps forecast to be above freezing pretty much everywhere by noon tomorrow I would think this will be a low impact event ?
Not according to the other runs. You can't go by that one map posted ealier, but all of the SR models and their trends. If they go the Here's what and trend colder, low impact is going to turn into ice storm. It all comes down to wind direction, low temps, temps when they wetbulb, low track, and start time.

Not according to the other runs. You can't go by that one map posted ealier, but all of the SR models and their trends. If they go the Here's what and trend colder, low impact is going to turn into ice storm. It all comes down to wind direction, low temps, temps when they wetbulb, low track, and start time.
Aren't you forecast to be 45+ tomorrow afternoon ?

Back