• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 2017 - 2018 Rating

only a b+ with 12 inches of snow on the ground in Tennessee? Any winter that produces a single storm of 6 or more inches in the south should be an instant A at least. Anything over 8 inches in a single storm should be an A+ no questions asks.
Sorry. In the future I’ll check with you first before I share an opinion.

only a keyboard cowboy calls someone else a keyboard cowboy.

I give mine winter a C. Just considering we had a very cold December/January. But not much snow to show for it.

A, prolonged period of cold, big snowstorm, February thaw, and two March snow events in one week. It would be a perfect winter if February wasn't so torchy.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Sorry. In the future I’ll check with you first before I share an opinion.
All I'm saying is we can go years without getting a 6 plus inch snowstorm around here. So when you get close to 10 I just don't know how it can't be an A at least in my opinion. But then we ended up with another good storm less then a week later and two storms in late march. The 70s winters are long gone and as much as I'd love to experience winters like that I just don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. So after yesterday's snow that although wasn't more then a half inch I'm going to upgrade this winter from an A to an A+. Of course this is just my opinion.

mid Atlantic snow 2018
eee836864e14092271be0d6a08e281ab.jpg
a229e0758b52fc6ab16094537a592005.jpg
3901ee04bcc47efabf05b62049148cfd.jpg
7ebb2e8276299de5511ccc4418fc3aaf.jpg
65bf0e34ac16185c8b95884b2291a62a.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

D+
I'm about 50 miles south of Nashville. Only had 2" total for the year. February was a torch. Spring is starting cool and wet. :( Only thing saving it from an F was the 4 or 5 day stretch where we had some snow cover and dropped to 0.

D. Aside from some light snow showers (that did not stick), mby and the majority of CAE was blanked. If you look at the total snowfall map for the Winter, you will be able to zoom in and see a blank spot over my house and CAE.

I am now positive that the Lake Murray backup dam was built not for safety, but for weather control tests. Storms break up and go around the lake even in severe season.

D. Aside from some light snow showers (that did not stick), mby and the majority of CAE was blanked. If you look at the total snowfall map for the Winter, you will be able to zoom in and see a blank spot over my house and CAE.

I am now positive that the Lake Murray backup dam was built not for safety, but for weather control tests. Storms break up and go around the lake even in severe season.
Are you saying the government actually did something right, constructed something and folks aren't f'd by it ?????

I'm glad I am not the only one that notice this. I've been watching storms fall apart over the lake for year now.

Back