• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

meh I've punted on any wet patterns. Thinking about overseeding this weekend and getting a head start.
As soon as you do, it'll hit a two week stretch of 95-100 degree temps! You know, the bathtub-slosh theory! It's been awfully hot in the west this summer! :)

As soon as you do, it'll hit a two week stretch of 95-100 degree temps! You know, the bathtub-slosh theory! It's been awfully hot in the west this summer! :)
I'm still waiting on last winter's slosh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting on last winter's slosh

Don't you remember? The water froze in Siberia and then melted down the drain without ever returning! Just have to wait for the tub to fill up again right? Maybe we will have a dam appear and hold the cold air here once it gets here. :p:confused:

After a dry week or so, right now it looks like someone has turned on multiple hoses above my house in Hoover AL. It is raining so hard you can't see across the street in front of my house. I am not even sure what the inches per hour would be at this rate. Hope it doesn't last like this for an hour. Stopped by the house in route to a Drs appointment and might not get back out. WOW!

Pretty disappointing how the models went from potentially decent rain event to bathtub fart in the matter of a few days. I'm clinging to the 18z rgem

Pretty disappointing how the models went from potentially decent rain event to bathtub fart in the matter of a few days. I'm clinging to the 18z rgem

That's how they do , look good for us 3-5 days out, then ---- the bed as we get close! I'm not sure when this crap is supposed to start in TX, but if it's 7 days away , it will verify and be under done most likely!

Lots of lightning and gusty winds with these storms rolling through the valley. Knocked a large dead limb off the tree in my front yard that nearly landed on a passing car. And that is from the outflow alone

Rockin the 40% chance of storms today. AFD says pops are lower than thought yesterday, shocking! They also said GFS is the only model that shunts the Harvey moisture towards the SE through day 7, rest show the stall over TX/LA, and may never impact the SE! The cool down looks legit and prolonged!

Rockin the 40% chance of storms today. AFD says pops are lower than thought yesterday, shocking! They also said GFS is the only model that shunts the Harvey moisture towards the SE through day 7, rest show the stall over TX/LA, and may never impact the SE! The cool down looks legit and prolonged!
wut? There has been a definite SE shift in the long range track of the remnants

This doesn't seem like August to me. Thanks Harvey.
gfs_T2m_seus_31.png

wut? There has been a definite SE shift in the long range track of the remnants
Just going by the GSP AFD . Wouldn't surprise me if moisture never got here and it just rains itself out over gulf coast states! I know the flow is fairly fast, but that's how we roll. Drought monitor should be a fairly big increase tomorrow in coverage and intensity!

The timing on the front has sped up, luckily this will mean no rain! Wouldn't want rain to interrupt my 4 week dry streak! :(

Afternoon AFD says" next 7 days look surprisingly dry, despite two tropical systems " ! No surprise if you've been here all summer ! :(
It's really like a dust bowl here!

Back