• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2017 Banter/venting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief nobody is mad. Me and a few others just disagreed about the fact a name was chosen so quickly and about of nowhere. Most of the previous threads were ideas by members as well, but they were discussed. If this caused drama in some' s eyes then maybe we should default to a poll. One thing is for sure we don't want people to think anyone is angry at anyone else or to call people out. I am sure all of us are mature enough to discuss things like adults and solutions can be worked out. :)
Poll sounds good and a judicious way to do it if multiple people have suggestions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank God no more 90s in the forecast. I think we are about to turn the corner and head into fall. I know most of you would probably say winter is your favorite season but mine is fall !

The more I think on the notion - all we'd need is Arlo Guthrie to write us a song, and we'd have an on-line movement ...
Most folks on here are too young to remember "Alice's Restaurant". If you have never heard it, I would suggest you take time to listen. It will make you talk to yourself... or at least sing out loud.

When did Brick move to Texas?

giphy.gif

Just trying to add some levity. My wife said I should be a "peace maker" not a "Sh$& stirrer".

Seriously concerned about my friends and co-workers in our Corporate Offices in Houston. I have been trying to warn some of them it could be worse than they think. I keep getting " we've been through this before and it is never as bad as they say". All I can do is try and explain using reason.

Just trying to add some levity. My wife said I should be a "peace maker" not a "Sh$& stirrer".

Seriously concerned about my friends and co-workers in our Corporate Offices in Houston. I have been trying to warn some of them it could be worse than they think. I keep getting " we've been through this before and it is never as bad as they say". All I can do is try and explain using reason.
I think what is scarier is that if you have a real emergency, emergency services won't attempt to get to you during the storm. Evacuation from flood zones and coastal areas around the landfall locations sounds like a good option if anyone wants to avoid being stuck. The flooding should be more of a concern than the winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back