• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jukin June

Tornado near Fairfield AL, SW of Birmingham !

The GFS has caught the cold bug too from the CMC. Could it really happen?
gfs_T2m_seus_24.png

50s at the end of June sure would feel nice. Btw I still havent hit 90 yet and it looks like i wont until at least July.

atl_ir4_sat_tropicalindex_anim.gif
nice blow up spin in the Caribbean, plus the wave east of the Windward islands looks interesting

Nws in Bham finding EF2 damage from the tornado earlier today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I normally sit quiet and ingest all the info here, but being the natural S.A. that I am I can't help myself. But don't we record lows everynight???????

Ok, I normally sit quiet and ingest all the info here, but being the natural S.A. that I am I can't help myself. But don't we record lows everynight???????

Two different things, you are using the word record as in take down information. Storm is using record in the sense of the lowest temp recorded for the date.

rec·ord
noun
ˈrekərd/
  1. 1.
    a thing constituting a piece of evidence about the past, especially an account of an act or occurrence kept in writing or some other permanent form.
    "identification was made through dental records"
    synonyms: account(s), document(s),documentation, data, file(s),dossier(s), evidence, report(s); More

2. 2.
    the sum of the past achievements or actions of a person or organization; a person or thing's previous conduct or performance.
    "the safety record at the airport"
    synonyms: previous conduct/performance,track record, history, life history,reputation
    "the judge weighed the factor of his good record"
verb
rəˈkôrd/
  1. 1.
    set down in writing or some other permanent form for later reference, especially officially.
    "they were asked to keep a diary and record everything they ate or drank"
    synonyms: write down, put in writing, take down, note, make a note of, jot down, put down on paper

Some spots in the southeast could record lows next week ...... that's right, record lows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly right about that. Couldn't help but notice that in West Virginia their mountains could get below freezing per the latest GFS. Below freezing in summer in the mountains this far east is not normal at all. And to think the upper 50s could last for a few days in areas as lows...
gfs_T2m_seus_20.png

Almost gone, but some areas still need more. Just need to dry out a bit more after this, then get some more over time to get rid of it all, mainly in the areas that still have drought.
20170620_southeast_none.png

Two different things, you are using the word record as in take down information. Storm is using record in the sense of the lowest temp recorded for the date.

1. Completely respect Storm and his input and yes the wonderful English verbage can be fun in fun I was just pointing out that the phrasing used by storm was lacking a word to set off the "Recording" aspect. I understood what he was saying, it would have read better, if it were stated as "some places in the south could "see" or "have" record lows" instead of "some places in the south could record lows"
  2. It was all in fun and in absolutely no way meant to be a serious. Storm is a southern neighbor and I respect his input year around. Tons of knowledge!!!
  3. Much respect to everyone on the forum that participates, stay safe everyone!

Back