• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January Thread - The Final Chapter

Until we get the Pac to slow, which it should eventually, it's going to be hard for a cold pattern to lock in. Good news is that we do look to get some BN shots at least over the next couple of weeks. There are ways to make that work, although it'll take more luck than usual.
nothing new in SE lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was living there (near Archer and I-75) but woke up barely too late. I started staring out the window a little after 9 AM and then went outside into the cold on this Gainesville flurry hunt but sadly came up empty. :(

So, I haven't seen a single flake in person in at least two years or so.
Well, you saw snow in Sav. and that's like a foot is snow years :) T

Like your avatar, Larry. How about them birds!! It's like a deep snow, only a lot more rare in the past, but maybe not going forward. Need Shanahan to stay, and get some blocking to hold him here, with a steady flow of draft picks, and an active southern division. Looks good in the short, and long range, lol. T

thought for a moment that suppressed system I've been looking at might actually try to come up on 18z, but it stopped. If only it could sync up with the clipper as at this point I don't think it comes up. If it can then the clipper might be influenced a bit by the GOM shortwave.

ETA: It does start being influenced a bit but very late.

^ Now that's a great set of analogies from the usually quite clever Mr. T!

I think we can finally say with confidence that Dimitroff's bold sacrifice of future high draft picks for julio Jones worked out!
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0900...lockbuster-deal-with-browns-move-up-for-jones

Don't get too worked up if that system never amounts to anything next week and if the overall pattern lets up for the first few days of Feb. Things at least appear to be looking up for the 2nd week+ of Feb. Check out the Feb. thread if you haven't yet.

I can say with honesty I've never seen the idea of a super clipper until the last many GFS runs, and now the GFS seems locked in on the idea. I think it's overamped though tbh.

It's 18Z - Do not despair. That run is consistently like an Uncle, twice removed, who shows up at Thanksgiving, has a couple too many drinks, tells some corny jokes that makes no sense to anyone but him, and he still gets "respect" - until he leaves the room when laughter breaks out (and not at his jokes, mind you).

Inside of 4 days if the 18Z is following the OZ and 12Z, then the "Uncle" needs to be listened to. If. however, Uncle 18Z is telling jokes no one else in the family can figure out - let him leave the room and then laugh!

JMHO

yep I'm a believer in days 7-10. Taller ridge and and a tick west with the through and boom
f2d390f8302090c955cdef2fecb6eb9e.jpg
8310f3032636fcbc42ad2d09da32ea51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice run, so close to. I bet a Weenie run at oz tonigh, maybe.

Is it just me or did I see two just missed phases on the GFS?

And jeez the storm that the GFS tries to show coming out of the west in entertainment purposes only land is absolutely massive.

That's a shame, coming up on 7 years since that Deep South Winter Storm in Feb '10.
Ah, the push is probably over-done. Some areas might can see something, I just don't like the look right now. You know days ago, the severe threat took over.. but ensembles hinted at multiple overruning events with this one being one of them.

So uh, any way this moisture can go north?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_23.png

This is the one I've really been watching until today and sadly I think the best case scenario with it is it syncs up with the clipper a bit and we see the clipper be influenced with the GOM moisture. It's not going to come up at this point barring a real surprise.

Back