• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Nuances

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_48.png

GFS has a fantasy snowstorm for Brent.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_52.png

Also the GFS at the end of the run has a big cold about to come down.
I love a good lakes cutter! It must be a step down process!

First fantasy snowstorm of the season.
Well, we’ve already had the first fantasy ice storm of the year, thanks NAM! I should be digging out from 16” of snow ar have had roof collapsing ice accretion!? But I guess 6” of rain is just as goof!

The thermometer that tends to run warmer than official readings at the house was at 34 early this morning. Kind of surprised.

The heat STILL hasn't gone off.

Can we get a nice board wide snowstorm sliding through during this time? I know that climate isn't the best for the beginning of December, but hope springs eternal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey y’all had snow... let us East ATL and SC people join the fun. Please?
I agree, if there was a place that people should hope for a little more as far as getting a winter storm it would be these people. Here in Columbia, we have been left out consistently closing in on 5 years now. Still haven't had our first freeze of the season here either. My weather station bottomed out at 32.7 this morning. Will take another shot at it tonight.

Need to shift that just slightly further south otherwise all we would get here would be backside snow. It’s 2 weeks away though good to be seeing stuff showing up on the models.

Need to shift that just slightly further south otherwise all we would get here would be backside snow. It’s 2 weeks away though good to be seeing stuff showing up on the models.
A less amped system would also help with a similar track. I agree though. Dig baby dig

3.91" on the week in total.

I'd need to look at the FV3 but that looks like it would have been a fine climo track to me? I'll look and see if I'm off.

Edit: Yeah, track looks OK to me, it might've been too amped. It's borderline south of North Georgia and Upstate SC though. For my purposes (and central GA/SC purposes) I'd want it 60 miles south. Even then with an amped solution it's close.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know why a couple of folks are always negative. Things look to be progressing nicely into a favorable pattern for winter storms here going into December. I guess that is just their m.o.

Back