• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2018 Banter & Venting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from Dallas a couple days ago and I honestly don't understand why everyone loves Dallas so much. I was not overwhelmed with Dallas. It was hot. The traffic was bad. And the people did not seem terribly friendly. Sorry, Brent. I don't mean to hate on your city. I just didn't care for it. I also hated how spread out everything was.

I should also add I didn't find it to be as visually appealing as Atlanta and North GA. I can honestly say that dealing with a Dallas summer would probably tempt me to kill myself.

hey... you might find this interesting but I agree with you. I hardly ever go to Dallas anymore except when my parents are here or going to the airport(and actually last time my parents came we didn't go to Dallas at all lol except I drove on 30 on Saturday morning because we had some time to kill and went to the stadium in Arlington). I live about 25 miles NE in a suburb(fast growing Collin County) and everything you need is in this town. I live 5 minutes from work too. I remember when I first moved here how I wanted to go to Dallas all the time, that wore off quickly lol

I don't care about the Dallas Cowboys either, which always gets strange looks from people :p

and I constantly think about moving somewhere else(I hate the summers and the lack of snow in the winter), but I've had a really good living situation(given how expensive it is to live here) for awhile now and its hard to give that up given some of my luck with housing before.

And then of course the last 2 years I've taken like 3 or 4 vacations out of state and have almost always enjoyed everywhere else more... it's always something to look forward to basically

Last edited:
You know it's not your day when...
--------------------------
September 24, 1972
Lightning struck a man near Waldport, OR, a young man who it so happens was carrying thirty-five pieces of dynamite.

What a shocking story with some explosive developments.
You know it's not your day when...
--------------------------
September 24, 1972
Lightning struck a man near Waldport, OR, a young man who it so happens was carrying thirty-five pieces of dynamite.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have to listen to this every day
I’m teaching my 11 yo son the finer music in life like: AC/DC, Van Halen, SRV, Pantera, Metallica, GnR, Rage Against The Machine, Early Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and NWA! He’s starting to get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back