• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush

Severe thunderstorm warning just issued for this area! Humdinger of a thunderstorm starting here now. Winds quite gusty. Most of August had been pretty quiet totally unlike the last half of July.

Edit/correction: Someone else had told me severe, but it actually is a strong thunderstorm SWS. Regardless, effects similar.

Last edited:
Storm coming this way. Just got a special weather statement.

Looks like a big milk dud. Almost everything north of Durham. Roxboro special

Edit: one small cell moving due east, south of Siler City
Shortwave is just now approaching and ml capes are around 2000 I would expect an increase in coverage and intensity for an hour or 2 before nocturnal stabilization wins and everything congeals into a mass of stratiform rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Early taste of fall is coming in Wednesday through the rest of the week. Best place to be is boone. High of 70-72 and lows 48-51. Dewpoints near 50. Pretty good little front coming through late Tuesday, should set off some nice fireworks for you severe buffs.

Shortwave is just now approaching and ml capes are around 2000 I would expect an increase in coverage and intensity for an hour or 2 before nocturnal stabilization wins and everything congeals into a mass of stratiform rain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah SD, things went boom in a hurry. Heavy stuff still north of Wake Forest. Decent stuff to the West. Radar filling in pretty quickly. Roxboro is under a flash flood warning. Over 5 inches of rain. They always get the good stuff:(

Last edited:
Raleigh getting pounded right now. Flash flooding for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew East bringing his talents to the CLT area now!! A big loss for the RDU weather crowd!

Another good round of storms last night. The streak continues. This summer reminds me more of the summers we had here in the 80s, when there was a good chance of storms every day. Looks like another decent shot today. Clouds are starting to break and the sun is out. Might be enough to destabilize things again for storms later on.

Back