• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern July Fries

Widespread severe weather possible on Saturday across portions of Alabama and Georgia. Thinking a legitimate tornado risk exists along with damaging winds and large hail.

According to the HRRRx, SD and RC , score good storms starting around 8 PM! Good luck!

At least he will be able to breathe since the dp will be tolerable.
Dew points at 40 with a temp of 100 vs a dew point at 70 with a temp of 90 only feels one degree higher with heat index, so truly there isn't much of a difference there. I think it feels hotter if you're in the open with a high humidity, but hotter with a higher temp if you're in a city or near lots of pavement. No matter what either is unbearable but I personally find high heat to be worse than humidity since there is always a high chance of clouds and showers around either to cool you off or to block the sun if the storms get strong enough.

Ive seen circumstances where low level moisture and cloud cover limit thunderstorm development here in central nc. Lets hope this isnt one of those times.

Been mostly cloudy all morning in the metropolis of Simpsonville

Widespread severe weather possible on Saturday across portions of Alabama and Georgia. Thinking a legitimate tornado risk exists along with damaging winds and large hail.
We haven't had many of those this year.

According to the HRRRx, SD and RC , score good storms starting around 8 PM! Good luck!

I'll give it a nope

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had a little boomer last night. Just one clap of thunder and some heavy rain for about 30 minutes. I remember when I was a kid it seemed like we got at least one good storm a week during summer.

Got 1.75 from a highly warned storm last night. The pup and kitty were freaked out big time, yet other recent, much more vociferous storms haven't gotten much of a rise out of them. Must be to do with pressure, or something about the lightening in particular storms. I didn't see what the fuss was about, and they were around my legs under the table this time, and the kitty was yowling the whole time. Pressure in his ears? Some kind of electric field?

Outflow boundary just arrived. Here's to hoping

I can legit see it raining a quarter mile away

Last edited:
Just got a severe thunderstorm warning alert on my phone 3 minutes after a bolt of lightning hit 150 yards from me. Thanks NWS. Currently getting the biggest downpour, lightning storm, windstorm of the season. This is wild

And bye bye
ac80b4f700acb00264f6d06961bfc169.jpg

This is an unbelievable downpour. Light show!

I can’t even get out of my car to go in the house!

Yard is flooded and this isn’t ending any time soon
Taylor’s was flooding on Wade Hampton, right in front of the dip at Houser Shoes! Looks like we may get a 2fer!! Another storm dropping in to the SE motion, right behind the one coming through now!

9CF3CB81-9B3C-454B-B182-FBEDAD795159.png SD, B Rad feels your pain!

2nd severe warned storm in about an hour!!

Back