• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern June Bugs

As an outside worker, this heat sucks! I hope tomorrow is the hottest day of the entire summer! I’m buying the rain , if your selling. I need it any day, but especially Thursday. My forecast is up to 96 on Sunday and low 90s as far as I can see! The late start to spring and all the April snows, apparently, have no correlation to a cooler summer! :(
I'm not selling a drop sorry lol. I really believe we will see a backing off of the heat starting Tuesday of next week when we may finally get the heat ridge to set up in the west and more of an eastern trough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I still haven't hit 90 this year, but this week looks like it's going to try for it in a big way. I'll learn something about how much all the rain I've gotten is protecting me. I'm not missing out on the humid though, got that in spades.

I still haven't hit 90 this year, but this week looks like it's going to try for it in a big way. I'll learn something about how much all the rain I've gotten is protecting me. I'm not missing out on the humid though, got that in spades.
Really? We've had a bunch of 90 or better highs so far here. 6 in May, 11 in June so far..

Did you move to the mountains ?

Did you move to the mountains ?
Asheville, NC has yet to record a 90 degree day... Lord yes, I want to move to the mountains. 3000 ft in the Southern Apps is the gold standard. What you give up in cultural/job opportunities you gain in glorious year round weather... well aside from severe flooding potential.

Also, I imagine your bear attacks demographic would go up a few percentage points...

heh, you know you're going to get payback in Sept with 105-110 highs... :)

That's weird. Hit 90 at least 10 times this year so far. Will again today unless we get lucky with rain.

Asheville, NC has yet to record a 90 degree day... Lord yes, I want to move to the mountains. 3000 ft in the Southern Apps is the gold standard. What you give up in cultural/job opportunities you gain in glorious year round weather... well aside from severe flooding potential.
Asheville is much different than any other area in the mountains, personally it's not for me, but if culture is what you are after there is plenty of it there. It's a growing city and I'm sure decent job opportunities..... I compare it, culturally wise, to Austin, Tx (after all their motto is "Keep Austin Weird") :p

I shouldn't have bought in on rain chances

I'm at 1.4 for the month which is better than many I know but far less than what I received in May, and with the current heat you can tell.... quickly.

I'm at 1.4 for the month which is better than many I know but far less than what I received in May, and with the current heat you can tell.... quickly.
To steal a line from our friends at RAH it's a challenging forecast over the next 5 days but I believe it should be skewed toward more rain than not. There are a lot of positive factors coming into play that could support daily rounds of storms possibly lasting well into the overnight. The caveats are do we see a wind shift "frontal" passage that might favor rain to our south and cut us off or is our peak heating spent on the back side of a passing disturbance. I do believe the potential exists for excessive rain on Thursday or Friday as we might have a couple stationary boundaries that could focus storms. Then Sunday Monday we get into more of a cyclonic flow aloft as the front approaches and we should at least see a band of storms along the front or with the pre frontal trough.

I'm also interested in the front next week. The euro doesn't do much with lowering dew points and temps but the gfs and cmc are pleasant Tuesday through Thursday

Last edited:
That's weird. Hit 90 at least 10 times this year so far. Will again today unless we get lucky with rain.
I hit 87.3 today while the Experiment Station a few miles away got 91.7, and 91.4 yesterday...so they've had 3 90 pluses, while I still haven't hit ninety yet. But then I've had a tenth short of 11 inches of rain since May 15, and it's showing up big time with cooler temps, although it's been bone day now for about 5 days. I haven't added up the Experiment Station's rain totals, but it's less than mine by a good amount from the looks of it. I'm a real believer in the wonders of May, June rain :) And no bear attacks yet either, although now the lightening bugs have moved on too, putting me at Epoxyclipes Defcon 2, due also to depressed mosquito activity. I saw one the other day, and I think a few Tigers got me while I was working on my mower, so I put on Off for only the second or third time this year....another huge Epoxyclipse warning sign. No mosquitoes, herds of fireflies moving thru, no 90's yet, and no bears, and it's mid June. You may as well write Beware the Epoxyclipse across the sky in 1000 foot letters!!!

Looks like metwannabe might score this evening

Drifting and building south just look at that outflow boundary.
0198ef21e18c2c7b7bf6fc82061afb97.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Outflow might trigger something for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind seeing it slow and stop soon might act as a decent enough trigger for storms tomorrow

I hit 87.3 today while the Experiment Station a few miles away got 91.7, and 91.4 yesterday...so they've had 3 90 pluses, while I still haven't hit ninety yet. But then I've had a tenth short of 11 inches of rain since May 15, and it's showing up big time with cooler temps, although it's been bone day now for about 5 days. I haven't added up the Experiment Station's rain totals, but it's less than mine by a good amount from the looks of it. I'm a real believer in the wonders of May, June rain :) And no bear attacks yet either, although now the lightening bugs have moved on too, putting me at Epoxyclipes Defcon 2, due also to depressed mosquito activity. I saw one the other day, and I think a few Tigers got me while I was working on my mower, so I put on Off for only the second or third time this year....another huge Epoxyclipse warning sign. No mosquitoes, herds of fireflies moving thru, no 90's yet, and no bears, and it's mid June. You may as well write Beware the Epoxyclipse across the sky in 1000 foot letters!!!
If you manage to make it through the entire summer without ever hitting 90, while the rest of us bake in a near record setting summer,

Back